Thursday, September 04, 2008

new thoughts

Starting this new semester and my new path before me has brought about an unsettling thought... what if I get bored?

One of the largest elements of excitement and motivation that was fueling me toward my MSN was the opportunity for graduate level school...

... for lengthy discussions with people like-minded about things I've been wanting to know more about for ages,

... for expectations higher than I currently hold myself to,

... for the opportunity to work and watch others that are WELL beyond my own levels,

... for the challenge to dig deep and see what I'm made of...

Currently, I find myself in a substantial course LOAD but the course WORK is just basic. (Maybe I'll think differently as we get further along in the semester.... perhaps not.)

I WANT the challenge of higher level thinking and am saddened to think that my pre-requisite work followed by my second BA (BSN) is only going to bring about the same basic kind of work and same basic level of challenge and resulting in same basic level of excitement... boooorrringggg... not how I envisioned entering this new career field.

Then a sparkle of light entered my thoughts.... DR. DEBEAUMONT! This whole journey began in 1994 when I started gathering my medical school pre-requisites... so maybe just MAYBE it might end there. See, Austin has been rumored to be hosting a new medical school by 2012. If my timeline stands, I will be done and ready for RN employment by 1st of January 2011. So maybe just maybe instead of going back to UT for my masters in NP I'll trade in my RN for the whole enchilada.... MD.

Like I said in the beginning... just new thoughts.

No comments: