Wednesday, November 26, 2008

mini break


Ahhh.... I can almost taste the turkey and pie. HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EVERYONE! I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to the next few days. Spending time with family, having no agenda but what to eat next and what wine will taste best with it, Wii tournaments, reading for pleasure, hot baths, and lots of catching up on the DVR.

I do have 2 "small projects" to somehow fit in between my indulgent moments of holiday bliss. My research paper didn't quite get finished. I was given an extension, which is a wonderful gift, but the fact remains, I still have to write it. Today, preferably, it will be done. Second, is my personal essay for my application. I had visions of turning my application in earlier than the due date, but its looking like I just won't get to my essay until this weekend. I'd like to personally deliver my proud package on Monday, Dec. 1. It will be a huge but brief relief to turn it in... only to be replaced with the anxiety and anticipation of the hopeful letter of acceptance in late February.

About 160 apply for the alternative entry MSN and they accept about 55-60 a year. Not the worst odds to be up against, but I'm sure each of those 160 are as competent as I am, so their decision must be a difficult one. Let the prayers begin!

1 comment:

J-Ho said...

I am sending some major sup'd up juju your way! I am so proud of you! You rock mama!