Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I'M IN!! I GOT IN! I GOT IN!!!


The letter arrived today... and I was shaking like a leaf juiced full of pure adrenaline. It was the perfect day with Jim, Ayla, Henry and even Grampop and Granma deBeaumont right here to share the good news as I read "we are pleased to offer you acceptance into our program". It was a great great moment.



YAY!!! I'm still in shock and surprise. Just makes it all the more real. I've got a long list of things that need to be done by April 15th including a criminal background check/fingerprinting, all kinds of immunizations (yuuck), CPR/First Aid certification, get professional insurance, and complete a few forms for UT integrity/training modules.

Oh my gosh, I've been accepted into UT - School of Nursing grad school!

More perfect timing in that I totally flubbed my first PHYSIOLOGY exam and have been feeling a little low since getting my grade yesterday. Today, I started my Pharmacology class which is going to be great with a really superb instructor. Also today, I received my letter of acceptance. And tomorrow, I leave for a 5 day solo excursion to San Francisco. Complete with days with my dear friends that I rarely get to spend time with and I simply am on the edge of my seat in anticipation. The weekend will be an amazing Aromatherapy conference on Autoimmune Disease and Cancer . A full weekend of fun, celebration and always a time for learning. My perfect weekend awaits.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Sharon, That's awesome! I'm happy for you! Good goin'!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Oh wow. Duh! I just realized that this was posted 3+ years ago. Oh well, I'm still happy for you. Especially, as I'm sure that you've completed that program already 6 mos. or more ago. Good for you Sharon. Happy Nursing! :)