Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Dusting off the old pencil case


That's right. Mom's back in school. I've got my sights on a MSN (Master's in Science in Nursing) from UT. They are one of the few programs in the country that allow you to get your MA without having to get a BA in Nursing. So, off I go. The program looks fierce and demanding yet exhilarating and I'm ready to tackle it.

But first, I must get in.

And in order to get in, I've got the long and grueling task of preparing not one but two applications. I have to be accepted into UT as well as the Nursing Graduate School.

One bit of beautiful news is that I have completed my GRE requirement. YES! Luckily, the nursing program doesn't require a strict grade on the GRE and I made it just by a hair over what they consider a decent enough grade not to require a retake. I was incredibly relieved to get that piece out of the way before starting classes; seriously seriously relieved. I loathe standardized testing.

Currently, I am busy rockin' my way through BIO 2404 = ANATOMY at ACC! I am lucky to have some solid knowledge in this subject, but so many details are in the serious depths of my memory banks. Summer classes are incredibly dense and fast. So after M-F with 3 hours of lecture and lab, it's daily reading, questions, finish labs and get ready for new material the next day.

Out of 24 students in my class, 22 are heading toward nursing!

No comments: