Monday, July 21, 2008

Feeling a little uneasy at the top

The instructor handed back both our Lecture Exam 1 and our Lab Practical Exam 1 today (with her bonus questions... I ended up scoring over 100 on each exam!). She was really pleased how well the class did despite the rigorous schedule the summer schedule creates. She slipped by my desk and quietly asked to borrow my test. Then she proceeds to read outloud one of my essay answers as an example of a well written essay. ME? Serioulsy? I could feel my face getting red. She didn't say my name thankfully. It feels great to be recognized, but there's something so awkward about grades and being singled out. Something about others looking or acting with you differently. Something about anonymity with grades just feels better. It was a strange mix of feelings. I was proud. I AM proud of how well I did on both exams considering the extreme brain load it required. I've never been at the "top" quite like this. I've always been near the top with a comfortable distance and room for improvement. At least for that moment today, I tried on new shoes. We'll see if I can learn to walk or even run in them. ;)

No comments: