Friday, July 18, 2008

Fall Schedule


Today I register for Fall classes. I've got 5 prerequisites remaining for UT and they are all equally brain intensive. So I've settled on Microbiology, Nutrition and Genetics for this fall. Unfortunately, it looks like ACC requires ANOTHER PREREQUISITE in order to take their Genetics class. So I'm hoping to get the scoop this morning from an advisor to see if the prerequisite class is required or I can swing it without. As much as I would love to be taking Microbiology AND the ACC prerequisite of Cell and Molecular Biology at the same time (sarcasm, yes.), I'd rather just focus on my UT pre-req's and get on with it.

Another fun piece of my journey I realized today is that I have everything to complete my application to UT. I didn't realize the GRE was actually for UT and not my nursing application. So aside from filing my online application and paying the simple $50 bucks.... application ONE is as good as done. Not sure when I'll actually have time to tackle that since Anatomy continues to pummel me with unbelievable amounts of information. Every minute counts.

My next Lecture exam is Tuesday... Skeletal, Muscular and Nervous Systems. Followed by Lab Pracical 2 on Thursday, 24th. The waves just keep on coming in.

So, after exhaustive research on options for this Genetics class. I can either take it online pay out of state tuition (only options from UT's approved list are out of state), take it at UT or Texas State but they both require pre-requisites as well - so that doesn't really solve anything, or stick with ACC and its one pre-requisite of Cell and Molecular Bio and the bargain tuition. The big stinker is both Microbiology and Cell and Molecular have a nice big 3 hour lab once a week. So my fall schedule will be more like 5 classes really. Wow. Here we go!

No comments: